What is the scent of Optimism? Simon Sinek - Simon Sinek
logoblog

What is the scent of Optimism? Simon Sinek

- to read...

I attended an event and sat next to Dawn and Sam Gold Worm who run an amazing company called 1229.




They designed custom scents for big brands and as they were telling me about their work an idea came to me I turned to them and said have you ever designed a scent for a book have you ever scented a book they hadn't and to the best of my knowledge it's actually never been done especially for adult books we set out together to design a custom scent for together is better and it's based on my personality.




It's the scent of optimism so of course it begs the question all my friends asked me well what is optimism smell like well I can't really explain what optimism smells like it's not like lemons or patchouli or something the way Dawn explains her process to me is that there are only seven notes on the musical scale and those same seven notes you can play chopsticks or you could produce a Beethoven symphony but it's the same seven notes.




It's the same thing here lemons or patchouli are simple notes it's chopsticks what she has produced is a symphony it is bright it is optimistic it is sort of something special and we produced it so that the first page is infused with the smell so that everyone can take in the optimism and it sets the tone for the journey that they will embark on when they read the book I hope you enjoy it it really is pretty remarkable you 

No comments:

Post a Comment