How does the WHY relate to vision? - Simon Sinek - Simon Sinek
logoblog

How does the WHY relate to vision? - Simon Sinek

- to read...

 So, a lot of people write in and ask how the WHY relates to the vision or mission of your company. The WHY is like the foundation of your house. It's there and it gives everything above it solidity. So my WHY is to inspire people to do the things that inspire them so that together each of us can change our world for the better.



That's why I get out of bed in the morning, that's what inspires me. I look for stories like that. Now the WHY is not always good for public consumption because sometimes the words are clunky. Mine is a little bit clunky.



And so the way you think about a vision is if my WHY were to come to life, if 20, 30, 40, 50 years from now everything went perfectly and I were able to live my WHY and bring it to life in perfect form, what would the world look like? That's why we call it vision because you can see it.



My vision is to create a world in which the vast majority of people wake up every single morning inspired, feel safe at work, and return home fulfilled at the end of the day. That's my vision. That's the thing that I see in the future that I want to build. My mission is to commit all of my talents and all of my energies to building that world.



So I speak, I write, I teach, anything that I can do, I advise, any kind of anything I can do. I look for ideas that help advance my vision. So my mission is things that I will do to help advance the vision that I have that was all set in motion as soon as I learned my WHY.

No comments:

Post a Comment