Do we need pessimists? - Simon Sinek - Simon Sinek
logoblog

Do we need pessimists? - Simon Sinek

- to read...

 I mean sure we need a little bit of everything in the world. I am an optimist. So we can tell the pessimists the same thing, "Don't you want some optimism in the world?"



 I believe in balance in the world and where I get uncomfortable and I think where life gets uncomfortable is when we face imbalance.



When there's too much pessimism in the world I think it brings us all down. And the way to defeat pessimism is with optimism. 



But at the same time if all you have is optimists then I think we're all gonna be living in a cloud and then we become blind as well.



So, I think balance is key. I do my job - I'm one of the optimists in the world.



I frustrate pessimists and we need pessimists in the world and I frustrate them. But yeah, we need balance. Long-term needs short-term, short-term needs long-term, it's all the same thing. 



So, I would rather have a slight imbalance toward optimism. I would rather have a slight imbalance towards the long term over the short term. 



I would rather have a slight imbalance of people over profit. I don't think there's such a thing as perfect balance there's no such thing as 50/50. 



At some point, we're gonna face decisions where something has to give. You can't have two things equal all the time. And so I do believe in biases.



So, even though yes we need pessimists we need slightly more optimists. Even though yes we need short-term thinkers we need slightly more long-term thinkers. 



Even though yes we need finite thinking we need slightly more infinite thinking. and that kind of thing. I think I'll take an imbalance towards the positive any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment