How SPANX fosters innovation - Simon Sinek - Simon Sinek
logoblog

How SPANX fosters innovation - Simon Sinek

- to read...

 So, I often get asked if there's a person or company out there that I find inspiring who I think is out there helping others and working in a unique and special way. And the answer is, of course, of course, of course. One of my favorite examples is Spanx, founded by Sara Blakely. Sara's completely reinventing how business works.



She's bringing this balanced feminine energy into the business, things like caring, empathy, and patience. But what I love about what Sara is doing for her people, is she treats everyone like an entrepreneur. Entrepreneurs generally start businesses and know nothing about what they're doing and have to figure it out along the way.



Sara tells all of her employees: pretend you're an entrepreneur and pretend you have no idea how to do this job and you have to figure it out along the way. And what ends up happening is the people in her company are finding new ways to do old jobs better because they're treating it as if it's an entrepreneurial venture.



Like there are no rules here, and I can figure out how to get this job done in a way that I think is new and better, instead of worrying about whether have I learned the right things. And Spanx has been a hugely inspiring company both internally and externally. And I love learning from Sara and from all the things that she's doing.



So, Spanx is a great example of a company doing things differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment