How do I use the Why at work? Simon Sinek - Simon Sinek
logoblog

How do I use the Why at work? Simon Sinek

- to read...

Very often the reason why goes fuzzy inside an organization is because we ignore it it's that simple.


We give reports to each other about targets and sales and products moved and services sold and clients and potential and yet none of our documents talk about what we believe practice bringing this concept of why out front and center put it on the cover of documents.


Why our organization exists in other words instead of saying you know the 2012 budget says everything we do is designed to inspire people to do what inspires them 2012 budget, in other words, the budget now is the vehicle by which you will advance your cause it's not the end Allah Beall write it on the wall start meetings with it develop incentives for people to be held accountable to the cause be more selective about the people you hire to be more selective about the clients.


Who works with these all these are all tricks to managing the culture I mean this is what culture is right it's a group of people with comments that have values and beliefs but usually, the wive is fuzzy because we just don't talk about it and we just don't keep it in front of us and so the opportunity is to write the words on the wall to put it on the reports to have it all over the place on plaques on t-shirts on signage inside the office on emails to remind yourselves why you come to work.


I know it sounds simple and easy and that really is all it is it's not just about throwing a logo on a t-shirt or putting a tagline or dragging the company name it's the words for which the company stands for it's the words that drive and remind I mean look I'm wearing my wild my own t-shirt I didn't realize it until I'm talking answering this question it's just to inspire it's on my t-shirt and it's not just there for the outside world it's there for me it feels really good when I wake up in the morning and pull this t-shirt up and put it on it reminds me why I do what I do and what my responsibility is today that's what I'm talking about what's the verb the to blank that you're that you guys are waking up every day to advance write that stuff all over the place 

No comments:

Post a Comment