Keep it human - Simon Sinek - Simon Sinek
logoblog

Keep it human - Simon Sinek

- to read...

I've had one experience where I was in front of a room in one of this ROOTAGE of all the audience.


It's a huge convention of all the people who hire people to speak at conventions right so you nail it and it's a great honor to get invited given the audience and if you nail it you're doing good for 10 years you know and I have never lost my train of thought as badly as I love my lost my train of thought that day where I literally forgot everything.

I look at the audience and I look at the pad and I look at the others I can't remember what to say next I would always default alike or just tell another story anything random story nothing I got nothing you can't say um right you can't say where was I you know and I'm looking at it it's now and it's getting worse because now I'm stuck in my head right and so what do I do?

I go right and so I stop and I turn to the audience and I said have you ever had that feeling where you lose your train of thought and you can't find it and heart starts pounding and your brass starts sweating and you feel a little sick to your stomach I'm having that feeling right now I said and it's the most wonderful feeling in the world because I feel completely alive I said when I do these things and sometimes goes on the road and I forget that I have to bring my a-game every time.


I've just lost my train of thought worse than I've ever lost it ever and I got to tell you it's moments like this that I really appreciate because it reminds me that I am NOT an automatic and I'm not the boss and I'm not holier than thou and I have to work very very hard every time I show up that's what's happening right now so where was I and somebody screamed out told me where I was?

Yeah I got more applause at that moment than I did at the end and that's part of it which is they want you to succeed the audience wants you to succeed they're rooting for you and if you allow them to repeat it they will continue to review but if you snubbed them and tell them I don't need you then they'll respond appropriately 

No comments:

Post a Comment